Numerology: How it Works
Life Path Number
First, write down your full date of birth. Convert the year, month and day to a single number by adding their individual numbers together. For example, someone with the date of birth of November 5, 1966 would add 1+1+5+1+9+6+6. The digits in the resulting number - 2+9 in our example -- are then similarly added, reducing the sum to a single digit, a number between 1 and 9, or to the master numbers 11 or 22. Master numbers are left in place and are not usually reduced any further, as in the example, which resulted in a master number of 11.
Some of the different traits of life path numbers are as follows:
- The No. 1 life path indicates individuality and leadership. Negative qualities may include selfishness and impatience.
- The No. 2 life path produces sensitive people who crave habit and familiarity. Negative qualities may include apathy and lethargy.
- The No. 3 life path emphasizes creativity and sociability. Superficiality and moodiness may be negative aspects of this life path.
- The No. 4 life path embodies trustworthiness and down-to-earth individuals who may tend to be narrow-minded and routine-dependent.
- The No. 5 life path indicates spontaneity and someone who lives in the moment but may be irresponsible and not a good decision maker.
- The No. 6 life path produces people with a strong sense of responsibility and community awareness. These people may be volunteers but must be careful not to forget their own needs while serving others.
- The No. 7 life path indicates peace and a sense of reserve. People under this path might tend to be loners, and as a result, have a negative attitude.
- The No. 8 life path concerns itself with ambition and material success. People under this path may not consider the effects that seeking success might have on others.
- The No. 9 life path embodies compassion, generosity and humanitarianism. As a result, it is sometimes hard for people under this path to accept harsh realities.
- The No. 11 life path - one of the master numbers - emphasizes peace, intuition and innovativeness as its character qualities, but the path also may lead to great moodiness.
- The No. 22 life path may be one that leads to fame and fortune but with a sense of realism. Negative qualities of the path can be insensitivity and a domineering personality.
Elvis Presley was a life path number 9. He died as a death number 3.
A soul runs its life according to its karma, and also according to its ultimate purpose, towards the fulfillment of its path, to learn more about divine love. Dying as a 3 means that Elvis's death was brought about by circumstances influenced by his karma. The number 3 means he will come back again as a 3, until he finally leaves as a 9 and when his karma is then completed for that part of his purpose.