Thursday, May 23, 2013
The bizarre circumstances under which actor Jeremy London was kidnapped last month threw everyone for a loop, especially the actor's family. Who else would be more familiar with his struggle with addiction? "For years we've been worried sick about getting a phone call telling us that Jeremy's been found dead. For months, Jeremy has cut off his whole family and he refuses to talk to us. We're desperate for anyone to get him help and that's why we're speaking out," his twin brother, Jason, said. But like any good addict, it seems London will take his denial to the ultimate level. In fact, when his family began questioning the so-called kidnapping and imploring Jeremy via the press to get help, he sought to shut them up quickly by asking the court for a restraining order. "Jeremy filed these orders against his family for them to stop giving unauthorized interviews to the press," his attorney, Catherine Lombardo, told People.com. "What they've said is false, misleading and harmful to his personal reputation and career." But on Thursday, a judge ruled that the family could run its mouth as much as they like; however, Jeremy can sue them for uttering untrue statements. Somehow, we don't think that's going to happen.