Monday, May 20, 2013
Real World: Hollywood hottie Joey Kovar died last week of an alleged overdose. The 29-year-old reality star was found dead in the Chicago home of a friend on Friday morning. According to TMZ, his rep described a gruesome scene where blood was coming out of Kovar's ears and nose. Law enforcement officials say that his eyes were also "blackened," which could indicate he suffered an aneurysm. Although the autopsy results were inconclusive, officials are pretty certain that a lethal combination of alcohol, cocaine and Viagra led to Kovar's demise. Kovar had long struggled with substance abuse. During his stint on the Real World: Hollywood in 2008, Kovar had to leave the house mid-season to undergo treatment for his drug and alcohol issues. He later appeared on Celebrity Rehab to get help for his cocaine and ecstasy problems. Apparently, he never recovered from his addictions. Kovar's friend, Stacey Achterhof, told police that Kovar showed up at her house late Thursday night. In addition to drinking, he supposedly told her he had been doing coke and was looking to get more. Although he asked her to take him to cop the dope, she refused. He settled on popping "some Viagra," and the couple fooled around. When Achterhof woke up, Kovar was unresponsive. Achterhof also told police that Kovar had been abusing Adderall and Xanax recently. Despite being prescribed the drugs, he was consuming more Viagra than the amount instructed by his doctors. Kovar is the fourth cast member from the Celebrity Rehab series to pass away. Rodney King, Jeff Conaway and Mike Starr all preceded Kovar in death.