Pack the Perfect Picnic
Family Picnic Menu
- Assortment of bread and rolls
- Cold cuts (ham and turkey are the favorites)
- Cucumbers, tomatoes and shredded lettuce
- Potato salad and/or macaroni salad
- No-Campfire S'mores
- Iced Pink Lemonade
Some tips for making this meal go smoothly:
- Keep tomatoes and cucumbers whole until mealtime. Don't forget to bring a nice sharp knife to cut them.
- Bring condiments in squeeze bottles.
- You can make your own potato or macaroni salad, or you can buy it prepared from the supermarket. Either way, you may want to add your own twist of flavor. Try adding a teaspoon of spicy mustard to add a kick to a boring potato salad. Or some roasted red peppers and some fresh (or thawed from frozen) green peas for macaroni salad.
For another fun variation on macaroni salad, try using multi-colored or fun-shape pasta. The kids will love it.
For dessert, treat your family to No-Campfire S'mores. This sweet treat is sure to bring out the kid in you, whatever your age happens to be. Instead of chocolate squares, this recipe uses chocolate spread. You can use chocolate-nut mixtures like Nutella, or other varieties, depending on your preference.