Gourmet Milkshakes to Make at Home
There are recipes for yogurt milkshakes that are quite good and good for you, to boot. As you can see, milkshakes allow for lots of variety.
If you're using fruit in your milkshake, think fresh. Some people use fruit syrups in the shakes, but fresh fruit is better for you and produces the best flavor.
Be creative with your shake, but don't go crazy. If you have kids, they may want to unload half the candy drawer into the blender, but the result will probably be less appealing than they imagined. Stick to some basic ingredients that go well together and you can't go wrong.
A basic chocolate milkshake is a great place to start. It's simple, classic, and best of all; it can be used as a foundation for all kinds of chocolate milkshake creations.
Chocolate Shake Recipe
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 scoops vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup milk
Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
Now for some great variations:
- Add peppermint extract for a cool chocolate peppermint drink.
- Peanut butter, banana and chocolate make a great combination. Make sure to use smooth peanut butter.
- Cherries and chocolate go hand in hand. You can add maraschino cherries or regular fresh cherries.
- Add some cold brewed coffee for a heavenly mocha shake.
- You can add some malt powder to your mixture to create an old-fashioned malted milk.