Are You Having An Emotional Affair? Find Out
If you identify with these signs, you can still change your behavior before anything more serious occurs. If you think you are in the clear, beware that an extended emotional affair can escalate easily into a physical one.
Warning Signs that Your Emotional Affair is on the Brink of Turning into Something More Serious
- When you feel vulnerable or something exciting happens, you turn to your new friend instead of your partner.
- Your level of intimacy increases and platonic discussions begin to turn sexual.
- You send or receive sexy photos of each other.
- You purposely put yourself in situations where you and the other person are alone.
- Feelings of disappointment, anger and distance towards your spouse begin to become overwhelming.
- You look forward to spending more time with the other person than your spouse and even your children.
- You make plans for the future with this person.
If you identify with these signs, you could be on your way to a full-blown affair -- complete with emotional and sexual betrayal. It's important that you recognize what you are doing, and if nothing physical has happened yet, you may be able to turn your trouble around. If you feel that you want to (and can) save your relationship, you need to come clean with yourself and accept your transgressions. It will take work, but it is not impossible.