Are You Having An Emotional Affair? Find Out
What are signs that you are having an emotional affair?
If you have a feeling that what you are doing is wrong or are unsure if a new friendship is inappropriate, there are some tell-tale signs of an emotional affair that can confirm your behavior.
- Most or all of the meetings and conversations you have with the other person are kept a secret from your partner, friends and family.
- You say and do things you would never do in front of your spouse or significant other.
- You share emotions, ideas and thoughts with the other person that you don't with your partner.
- You are increasingly preoccupied and find yourself "daydreaming" about the other person.
- Interest in sexual or emotional intimacy with your spouse has dwindled or become non-existent.
- You feel like your new friend understands you better than your partner.
- You think crush-like thoughts and about your possible future with this person.
- Increasing sexual tension is present and you often touch this person in "harmless" ways, such as a pat on the back or touch on the arm.